miércoles, 20 de agosto de 2014

Shame, Rage and more beaches


      Well, to write this post, I have no choice but to tell you where is my secret base...wait, my quarterbacks are, exactly...in Spain. Somewhere between the Strait of Gibraltar and the Pyrinees. Go and find me.
      Just kidding. I needed to make some fun of this because I'm so wounded up that my mouth bleeds antimony. Why, you'd wonder. The answer is that I love my homeland...and I have just had my heart broken.
      Since I was a grasshopper high, I've been told about the wonderful southern coast of the peninsula. Virgin beaches of moon light sand, freezing waters, where the wind imposes its will whimiscally...That was Cádiz, Phoenicians Gádir, first shelter of the greatests dealers of The Mediterranean sea. The Pillars of Hércules, the end of the earth, so near of the Paradise that it seemed just its tresshold. Yet, when I finally made my way to Lord Byrons 'Ocean's syren', I felt the Phoenicians, the Romans, the Visigoths and the Moorish boiling inside of me. I was ready to accomplish their vengeance and make brochettes of tourist's meat.
      Where once pearl white sand carpets disappeared with the line of the horizont, now, an infinite parade of brand new cars could be seen. Bright, vivid, arrogant...Toyota, Mercedes, Kia, Peugeot &Co. were palling up beachfront. Maybe Mercedes was a bit left aside, it's too upper-class to befriend them anyway.
      No trace of shame here, the car row was so blinding shinny that more than a ship must have took it as a lighthouse.  My condolences to whom ended up agrounded on the shore.
     But, what was really funny, was to follow the black-brick-road, in our search for a place to skewer the umbrella— and not to pierce any sun-bather by mistake—. Yes, the only spot not colonized (yet), was a road of black sand, oil black sand. As an extra amusement, I enjoyed jumping the cold, crazy whaves of the Atlantic Ocean...while I picked up plastic bags and sponges of poliexpan. I couldn't avoid more garbage there, everytime I thought about the great Pacific's Plastic soap, I shrieked with horror. I felt guilty as a killer, and it wasn't even my rubbish.
       Whose then? Of the hordes of easy-going and nature lover richmen and richwomen. Astonishing villas, breath-taking mansions, attached as if they were a coral rift outside water. To top it off, while coming back from the beach we smelled the nicest sea aroma of our lives. But it didn't come from the shore, but from the long row of stalls, pubs and discotheques that was facing it. Very chic, all of them full of bronzed blondies and rasta-surfers. I think they confused me with someone else, because they were yelling at me very  insistently, 'Maria!''Maria!'.
          I was told that in those beaches the cows and the horses laid by your side not so long ago, now the cows are at the other side of the wire. They look at you with anger and I nod with remorse. Why everytime we acquire the Paradise, do we burn it to ashes?
      ★NanaGarcía/@Nanaringain
              

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario