jueves, 7 de agosto de 2014

SMILE!

      Oh, god! It feels so good being alive, why do we always try to spoil it?
       After a long, cloudy, rainy and dull hybrid between autumn, winter and spring — we can't blame Climate change for that, can we?—,  finally, Summer arrived. And it did, bright, joyfull and full of projects, as only Summer can do. Beaches, lakes, pools... Water, water, water, the thirsty's relief. So, eager and ready, I took the phone and called out my friends. Sincerely, It would never have occurred to me that my proposal would be turned down, but it did happen.  Sunshines were like burning spears, it was neccessary to recover our regular 60% of water proportion, but...they didn't want to.
      Oh, but they did want. The excuses they gave heated me to anger: 'they were not ready to show their bodies, they would be disgusting to others.'
     'Wait, go back and repeat it properly, there must have been some interference.'
       To my horror, there was no mistake, they refused to go to the beach because they thought their bodies were disgraceful.
         Here is where this article's bottom line starts.
          What kind of society is this we live in, that appearance goes before happiness, even before life? What kind of world that good looks stands for happiness and we put it as the aim of our lives? Puppet masters have wrapped our minds with thorned wires. So that everytime a shade of imperfection makes a move, it gets hurt.
Uglyness has become the worst taboo, fat have no place here, if you want to hurt somebody to death,  those words would work much better than  a rock shower.
This way, no matter how beautyfull person you are, you have no right to live if your being tresspasses the thorned wire canon.
    Such a pity, I can't stand limits.
    I have experienced what is to hide from the sun, ashamed of my shadow. It seemed to me that I was ridiculous, an offense to humankind who didn't deserve even the slighlest contact. If a smile showed from the mass, it was because I was something to laugh at. What stupid, what nonsense, I just had to look around to realize, that no one could critisize me, as they also could be critisized.
      That's the problem here, media got us blind, and we can't see anything but ourselves. So self-centred we are, we take notice of every drop of sweat we let fall. Horrorized, we forget that sweating is only human, and punish ourselves with ostrasizm.
 
        I am glad to having cut down on my self-pity and having dove into the world as I am. And, I have discovered how pretty, how hopefull, how bright was my nonchalant smile. I was not skinny, I was not a princess, my nails were ruined, my skin pale and hairy, but I was the only one who took care of it. My drive was more powerfull, as if was a spell, people only saw my smile, and they come to it as if I has summoned them. How stupid I had been!
     Unfortunatedly, I am a rare monster here, the mass continue to condene themselves to air prisons, where they subsist of more critisizm. And, as sorrow fancies more sorrow, the hate you feel will be spread around, creating a more repressive atmosphere...
  So, break your chains down, Be Free, Be Yourself, Be Alive! Obstacles are only fear, the sun is shinning bright for you... Please, SMILE!
                           ★NanaGarcía/@Nanaringain.            
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario